The Lymphovenous Canada website was born in 1996 to provide information to Canadians on the latest research, interviews with health care experts, and information from a broad range of perspectives related to lymphatic disorders.
At the time we were one of the few websites in the world which provided this information. Since that time other websites have been established and through the combined efforts of conscientious professionals, concerned consumers and health care providers, the quality of research and awareness has improved.
Consumer-led lymphedema associations now exist in most Canadian provinces and Canada is part of an international network of Lymphedema Frameworks which promote credible research on lymphedema around the world.
New faces have come to the table to broaden Canadian knowledge and programs – through the Canadian Lymphedema Framework and the lymphedema publication “Pathways”.
We are passing the torch to a new website: The Canadian Lymphedema Framework which provides a wealth of information on lymphedema in Canada.
We encourage you to mark your calendars for the 2nd Canadian National Lymphedema Conference which will be held Oct. 23-24 in Calgary, Alberta. (Visit the Canadian Lymphedema Framework website for more information on it).
Please also consider getting involved in the provincial lymmphedema associations below:
- British Columbia Lymphedema Association www.bclymph.org
- Lymphedema Association of Alberta www.albertalymphedema.com
- Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan www.sasklymph.ca
- Lymphedema Association of Manitoba www.lymphmanitoba.ca
- Lymphedema Association of Ontario
Lymphedema Association of Ontario
- Lymphedema Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (LANL) www.lymphnl.com
- Lymphedema Assocation of Quebec www.infolympho.ca/
Administrator and Manager